INDERMIL® flexifuze™ Topical Tissue Adhesive is a sterile, liquid topical tissue adhesive composed of an Octyl blend cyanoacrylate formulation.
This rapid-setting adhesive seals the skin in just 30 seconds* and will stay in place for 5-8 days, acting as a physical barrier to microbial penetration and the risk of infection.
- Indicated for the closure of skin wounds, including laparoscopic incisions and trauma-induced lacerations and may be used in conjunction with deep dermal stitches.
- Easy to use – Includes flow control applicator with patented brush tip.
- Cannula applicator – Option to use the cannula applicator providing pin point accuracy.
- Adhesive has a long working life (up to 20 minutes).
- As flexible as skin.
- Showerproof an hour after application.
- No discolouration of wound site – Dye free formulation.
- Quick and less painful than suturing.
- No discernable heat during application: No burning or stinging.
- May eliminate the use of sharps and therefore reduces the risk of needle-stick injury.
- 0.75g ampoule.
- No need to refrigerate – Adhesive can be stored at room temperature (4-30˚C).
- No need for the patient to come back for suture or staple removal.
- Supplied in ready-to-use application vial.
- Sold singly.
Veterinary situations in which tissue adhesives have been used include:
- Closure for small wounds, including after neutering
- Microchipping wound closure in birds and reptiles
- Veterinary dental and oral surgery
- Wound reinforcement in addition to sutures, for larger wounds where tension may be present
- Treatment of corneal lesions including ulcers
- Anchoring feeding tubes, drains and cannulae to skin.
*30 seconds is a benchtop standard test used by TA manufacturers. Allow for 30 – 60 seconds drying time to ensure the adhesive is tack-free.
Indermil Flexifuze Tissue Adhesive
- Brand: Vygon
- Product Code: IND05
- Pack Size: